Jobs & Auditions
freeFall Theatre is not currently holding any auditions.
We will be at FPTA in Vero Beach May 16-18th, 2015.
When we schedule our season auditions they will be posted on this page, the AEA website, Playbill, and in Backstage. Please keep an eye out.
If you would like to submit electronically, please see our rules on electronic submissions below. However, we would prefer to see you in person.
We hope to see you at an audition very soon!
6099 Central Ave
St. Petersburg, FL 33710
At freeFall, we’re founded and run by people who have been in the business a long time, and we have very high standards of excellence in performance. We are only seeking professional AEA and non-AEA performers.
That being said, we’re hoping just as hard as you are that you’re the right person to cast. We want you to do well, so here are a few notes about what we’re really looking for:
- Acting is being. It is not merely saying the lines or telling us a story. It’s making us believe that you’re really in that place, that you’re actually experiencing the thoughts and emotions of the character you’re portraying, and that you’re actually communicating with your “scene partner”.
- You cannot lie to a freeFall audience. freeFall is a very intimate theatre – it’s easy for our audiences to see when you’re not telling the truth of the moment.
- Just because you’re singing doesn’t mean you’re exempt from acting. If you’re living in a moment through a song, it has to be just as honest as if you were not holding out the vowels. Of course, we want you to hit the notes, but we’ll cast a better actor over a better singer every time.
- Your audition starts with your submission: Make sure your picture and resume are professional quality. Make sure your email is clear and concise. If you want to ask a question, make sure it hasn’t already been answered on this page.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
- Do you have housing for out-of-town actors? Yes
- Do you have cars for out-of-town actors? No, but our actor housing is 1/2 block from the theatre
- When do you rehearse? We only have approximately 80 hours to put up each freeFall production, so we typically rehearse 5-7 hours a day, 6 days a week for 2 1/2 weeks. We prefer to rehearse during daytime hours, but sometimes at night, and can work around actor’s schedules, depending on the situation
- Do you rehearse during the daytime? Yes. We are a professional theatre company. We do this for a living. We reserve the right to rehearse during the day. That being said, we are flexible and willing to work around actor’s schedules to a certain extent.
- Do you hire Non-Equity actors? Yes. Each cast is a mix of AEA members and professional Non-AEA actors
- Do you offer EMC points? Yes
Video Audition Policy:
For those unable to attend in person, we will accept a video audition under the following conditions:
- Your audition needs to be recorded specifically for freeFall, specifically for the show(s) you’re interested in – in other words, do what you’d do if you were auditioning for us live.
- If we want to see more from you, we’ll ask you. Please send one video per audition.
- Please send a link to an online video on a hosting site, such as Youtube or Vimeo. E-mailed files will not be downloaded or watched. Make sure your video is set to “unlisted” instead of “private” on Youtube, otherwise we can’t watch it.
- In the interest of complete fairness: We prefer casting via live auditions. It’s very difficult for us to get a sense of who you are from just a video screen. And since we do see a fair number of actors live and in person, there may be no need for us to find more via video submission.
- Please address your video submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org